Some news and notes about Connecticut natives/players with CT ties currently in the pro hockey ranks:
- After a trying year in 2010 health-wise, Peter Zingoni (Newtown/Notre Dame-Fairfield) has decided to take his talents overseas to the German Elite League (DEL). Zingoni had begun the season with the Houston Aeros of the AHL, but was reassigned to the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL after a few games. In Bakersfield he had an immediate impact logging a 7-5-12 line in just 8 games, but felt the opportunity in Germany was apparently best for him.
- On the flipside, Andover, CT native Jamie Carroll has come back to the States after playing 30 games for the Newcastle Vipers in England (EIHL). Carroll left the apparently “financially struggling” club to join the Rapid City (South Dakota) Rush of the CHL, early last week. In six games with the Rush so far, Carroll has posted a 2-4-6 line.
- Goaltender Jared DeMichiel (Avon, CT) is currently fifth in the ECHL in GAA and third in Save %. (ECHL Stats)
- Milford native Mark Arcobello (Fairfield Prep/Salisbury/Yale) netted a hat trick for the ECHL All-Stars this week. Arcobello, currently playing for the Stockton Thunder, has a 6-10-16 line through 29 games this season.
- Former Quinnipiac forward Eric Lampe also joined Arcobello at the ECHL All-Star game. Not to be outdone, he finished with 3 points (1g, 2a) and won the CCM Fastest Skater as part of the All-Star Skills Competition. Lampe is currently with the Elmira Jackals.
- Chris Seifert (Joel Barlow HS) is currently the third-leading scorer for Connecticut’s own Danbury Whalers (FHL), with an impressive 14-11-25 line in just 15 games.